Thursday, May 26, 2005

Moose Obsession

This is what happens when you are sent a moose as a get well gift by your family.
You become a Crazy Person

A Moose is Loose by a Crazy Person

Thank you for your thoughtfulness,
Thank you Edmonds, one and all,
Thank you for the moose.
Thank you for the moose,
I do so much hate to confess,
I took him all the way to the mall,
I’d like to turn him loose.
Now really can I turn him loose.

Thank you for the cool tee-shirt,
Thank you, but I think you have erred.
Thank you for the moose.
Thank you for that darned moose.
I hate to be so – should I say - curt,
How could you really have dared,
To send a moose that is loose
But can I really turn him loose.


Thank you for your kind thoughts,
Thank you, but I would have preferred
Thank you for the moose.
Thank you for – I guess – far the moose.
I’d have better liked a kitten that purred,
Now I really, really think I oughts,
To turn the dang thing loose.

Thank you for the earrings,
Than you again, again and again,
Thank you for the moose.
Thank you again for the moose.
My house now has many dings,
He told me he’d like to join his kin.
When can I turn him loose.
He’s begging me to turn him loose.

Thank you, thank you sister, Dear,
Thank you for this wretched creature,
Thank you for that moose,
But all the commotion, you should hear,
Thank you, for my moose,
The neighbors want me to turn him loose.
He and I had a great adventure here
But to his real home, he would like to go loose.

Thank you, also, niece Cindy J,
Thank you for this moose
Thank you for this huge beast,
Thank you for this moose.
Is it, please, please Okay,
If that darn moose goes loose.


Thank you, Jim Senior, you were so kind,
Thank you for the moose.
But he would rather have gone - Loose.
I hate to say I’ve half a mind,
If you don’t care, to turn him loose.
Thank you, he said, as he away did RAN,

Thank you, nephew Eric Joe,
Thank you, he did say, said the Moose.
Thank you for the moose,
But I really do think he’d like to go,
I’ll tell you now,
The moose, he must very soon be loose.

Thank you, James, Junior that is,
I thank your family for the moose.
I have to admit he’s not like you, a college whiz,
He surely would like me to turn him loose.
He went to Oregon, did you know,
That now he is
LOOSE.

A Postscript to the Moose Obsession



And now the moose is loose at last,
To where I do not know.
I think we lost him in the blast,
The blast of blinding snow.

OOPS!!!!!!!!!

But do not fret about the moose,
I had to turn him free.
But if I hadn’t turned him loose,
I wouldn’t be up this blasted tree.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like moose