Thursday, November 15, 2007

Memories Shouldn't Die

I have been trying to write down all the memories I have of my life and the memories that were told to me by my parents and grandparents, aunts, and uncles, and, of course, friends. It is harder than it seems. At the same time I have been trying to put all the family photos into some kind of order. It has turned into a huge project. I grew up an Air Force brat as my dad was in the Air Force. We lived in four sections of the United States at some point so traveling has also been a big part of my life and memories. And I want to travel more. I remember my grandmother who we called Gram telling about how she and her family rode in a covered wagon when they left Mousori to move to Texas when she was three. She lived to see men fly to the moon in a space ship. I am desapointed that I didn't write down more of the stories she told. She is gone so the stories are gone. My mom and dad are gone, too. So it is up to me and my sisters to remember as much as we can and write it down so it won't be forgotten. And we have our own memories to add to their memories. Hopefully our children will want to know them as we wanted to hear our parents stories.

No comments: